Monday, October 17, 2011

Here A Bushel, There A Bushel

Whilst the tourist office staff had mentioned that there was a festival in the 'hood today- to which I replied, fed up that they were such miserable gits - "Ha ha ha. It must suck to be working then!", albeit in a less direct manner, I decided to give the festival a miss and instead use the ECO bike to get to as high a point as possible, what with missing getting high and so on.


So off I sped.
I saw a hill in the distance and headed towards it.
I then thought it prudent to buy a couple of beers and something to eat for when I reached my final destination, but all of a sudden every single convenience store in Japan was raptured.

There are usually dozens along the roads, but could I find one now that I needed one? Ie.

I cycled miles to hunt one down.

Miles and miles.

Indeed, I didn't even find one, but instead found a supermarket located in a rural backwater.


Boy, did I elicit some stares from the locals.

Next to the supermarket was a 'Fa-shon' shop, so I popped in and wound up buying some Old Lady Hand And Arm Protectors, one long pair of socks, and some Flash Dance Leg Warmers.
And yeah, I realise the prose to this blog post is banal but the photos - posted for those of you with an interest in what Japan looks like - need some kind of seasoning.

Anyway, blah blah blah, I donned my Granny Gloves, bought two beers and some fried chicken on a stick, and made my way towards the mountain.
Here it is.
The final destination.
Well actually you'll have to see such exciting pics in another post because this post won't accept anymore photo uploads.


1 comment:

Rhys said...

It's extremely, uh, orderly for a landscape, isn't it?

I guess if you've been overpopulated for 2000 years, quite a few people are handed rakes and shovels and told to get cracking.