Y'all might be wondering what all this 'testing' is about.
Well, I finally figured out that it wasn't my fcked up personality that was to blame for Firefox being so unresponsive this past month.
It was Firefox.
I therefore upgraded - probably the last person to do this - to Chrome.
Verdict.
It's great.
My computer runs quickly again.
It's sad that Steve Jobs died so young.
He always said he would though.
Not that I have an ithis or an ithat, just an ihead.
They look pretty though, the ithings.
This morning I cycled the long way to school again.
I prefer it.
This afternoon I used English to talk to two of my junior high kids who clean our teachers' room.
I asked, 'What was your cleaning duty last year?'
"The toilets'
"Eww. Which do you prefer, cleaning the toilets or cleaning this room?'
"Cleaning this room"
A Japanese veteran teacher of English said, 'Holy Ushi! How do you girls know the word 'prefer'!!?"
He was well emperored.
I tigressed.
On the way to school this morning, I thought about how hard it was to get kids at the high school level, and above, interested in the World Of English, or WOE for short.
I had reluctantly stopped at a stop sign.
I would have crossed but I didn' want to risk a manslaughter charge re: the old woman. It's happened before. I've crossed and then a half-blind old person has followed me, but they are not fast enough, and SPLAT! And there was no way I wanted to wind up in an Italian jail.
So yah, for want of better words, there were no cars in the 'hood but me, the old woman, an elementary school kid, a salary man, a high school kid, and a random human, all waiting patiently for the light to turn green in order to cross a road that was as wide as two narrow paths stuck together.
It made me think about how sweet Japan is.
How orderly it is.
The people might be a bit dull on the whole, and a bit secretive about their true feelings, but they sure are nice.
As I pedaled up the hill, I thought about how the world could benefit from a Japanese society that was better at English.
I relayed these thoughts to my junior high class this morning.
I said, 'You are amazing people but you don't realise it. You are tolerant, clean, patient, sweetly naive. You totally underestimate how different you are to your peers in the rest of the developed world; peers who are violent, angry, impatient, intolerant and where school kids take drugs and swear at the teachers.. The world needs to hear your voice and see you out there. But to hear your voice, you need to embrace the English language."
The kids looked really happy with my little thought for the day.
I saw them thinking about what I had said.
I will try it on the high school kids when the mid-terms are over.
I think I'm feeling strong enough to start looking at my Turkey pics.
We'll see how it goes.
Well, I finally figured out that it wasn't my fcked up personality that was to blame for Firefox being so unresponsive this past month.
It was Firefox.
I therefore upgraded - probably the last person to do this - to Chrome.
Verdict.
It's great.
My computer runs quickly again.
It's sad that Steve Jobs died so young.
He always said he would though.
Not that I have an ithis or an ithat, just an ihead.
They look pretty though, the ithings.
This morning I cycled the long way to school again.
I prefer it.
This afternoon I used English to talk to two of my junior high kids who clean our teachers' room.
I asked, 'What was your cleaning duty last year?'
"The toilets'
"Eww. Which do you prefer, cleaning the toilets or cleaning this room?'
"Cleaning this room"
A Japanese veteran teacher of English said, 'Holy Ushi! How do you girls know the word 'prefer'!!?"
He was well emperored.
I tigressed.
On the way to school this morning, I thought about how hard it was to get kids at the high school level, and above, interested in the World Of English, or WOE for short.
I had reluctantly stopped at a stop sign.
I would have crossed but I didn' want to risk a manslaughter charge re: the old woman. It's happened before. I've crossed and then a half-blind old person has followed me, but they are not fast enough, and SPLAT! And there was no way I wanted to wind up in an Italian jail.
So yah, for want of better words, there were no cars in the 'hood but me, the old woman, an elementary school kid, a salary man, a high school kid, and a random human, all waiting patiently for the light to turn green in order to cross a road that was as wide as two narrow paths stuck together.
It made me think about how sweet Japan is.
How orderly it is.
The people might be a bit dull on the whole, and a bit secretive about their true feelings, but they sure are nice.
As I pedaled up the hill, I thought about how the world could benefit from a Japanese society that was better at English.
I relayed these thoughts to my junior high class this morning.
I said, 'You are amazing people but you don't realise it. You are tolerant, clean, patient, sweetly naive. You totally underestimate how different you are to your peers in the rest of the developed world; peers who are violent, angry, impatient, intolerant and where school kids take drugs and swear at the teachers.. The world needs to hear your voice and see you out there. But to hear your voice, you need to embrace the English language."
The kids looked really happy with my little thought for the day.
I saw them thinking about what I had said.
I will try it on the high school kids when the mid-terms are over.
I think I'm feeling strong enough to start looking at my Turkey pics.
We'll see how it goes.
| I left my sunglasses in the seat pocket. I guess I got a bit tipsy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment