A few steps from where I had my picnic, I spied a traditional Japanese hot water bottle - or 'Yutampo' in Japanese
Yutampos these days are plastic and look like this.

The plastic being preceeded by stainless
Yutampos these days are plastic and look like this.
The plastic being preceeded by stainless
But here's the Real Deal!
It was absolutely certainly discarded.
There were cobwebs all over it and who would 'air' their hot water bottle by a creek?
Nobody.
The long and the short of it was that it was an abandoned yutampo.
Nobody gave a toss about this relic from a past time.
So this morning, when the students gave me looks of disdain when I told them about my find, I thought, na, I won't write what I thought.
Anyway, I stuffed it in my bag and off I rode, in the hunt for a photo of a bullet train, which I often heard roaring past somewhere in the distance.
1 comment:
I had a yutampo exactly like that when I lived there.
Until one night, somewhat ratfaced, I put it on the gas hob to heat without first removing the stopper.
Blew up the whole kitchen, blew out the windows, cops came, FD came.
OOOOOPPPPPS !!!!!!!!! :))
Mata ne
Liz
PS Sure do wish I still had it. Probably my fault they started making them out of plastic.
Post a Comment